Hey there everyone.
I am starting a series of weekly posts for Laela Jeyne Patterns. Join the Facebook Group here to see more.
- Mondays will consist of “Maker Mondays”. This will be showing what is on the cutting table, or what is a work in progress.
- Tuesdays will be “Tip Tuesday”. This will be a tip, or tutorial, to help sewists of all levels.
- Wednesdays will be “What are you wearing Wednesday”. This will be a chance to show something you have made (recently, or a fave from a while ago) with Laela Jeyne patterns.
- Thursdays will be “Thimble Thursdays”. This will be a chance to bring up the many different tools of sewing.
- Fridays will be “Fun Friday”. This will be an ever-changing type of post, and could be anything from fabric sales to photos of wardrobe.
This “Tip Tuesday” will be an all-encompassing thing: Pinterest.
I never really got into Pinterest until my crafting and sewing really skyrocketed. On a side note, I am so glad I was married pre-Pinterest, because otherwise, my life would have been a lot harder.
There is so much information on Pinterest, and there are many ways to broaden sewing knowledge. You still need to be careful where the information is coming from. Just because it is on the internet, doesn’t mean it is true.
I like to look at the Mood Fabrics Pinterest boards. My favorite ones, are the ones that show all of the different names for the dress, sleeves, and pants silhouette (Here is one).
Search around Pinterest, and let me know some of your favorite “pins”.